The Public Relations Department tells the story of GLAD to the public. The department takes on many forms from donor relations, public affairs and agency communications to promotions, marketing, and consumer relations.
- Booths, Exhibits, Community Events and Fundraisers: Planning and implementation of a variety of outreach events.
- Sensitivity Trainings: Together with Human Services, providing “Deafness/Hard of Hearing 101″ Sensitivity Trainings covering topics such as: Population figures, Culture, Americans with Disabilities Act, Communication Access Technology, Communication Methods, How to Use Interpreting Services, GLAD Resources, and Commonly Used Signs.
- Print Materials: Production of agency-wide printed materials keeping a universal positive image.
- Community Liaison: Meetings with community leaders, organizations and media representatives.
- www.gladinc.org: Bringing news and information via the World Wide Web.
- e-News: A monthly e-newsletter highlighting news and events hosted by GLAD and outreach offices. Sign up here!
- Social Media:
Event Sponsorship & Advertising Opportunities
Director of Public Relations
Call (Voice/TTY): (323) 550-4274
Call (Videophone): (323) 892-2227
Public Relations Coordinator
Call (Voice/Videophone): (323) 892-2866